- 1 SALVE CANNABIS ONLINE
SALVE CANNABIS ONLINE
Cannabinoids are a great treat for your skin. A cannabis salve is fairly easy to make and is a perfect way to use all those trimmings.
Science is only just beginning to understand the many benefits of cannabis. One recent trend is to use cannabis-infused topicals for localised relief. Salve cannabis online
In this post, we will explore all there is to know about cannabis salves—how they work and what benefits they have. We will also go over how you can easily make your own DIY cannabis salve at home.
WHAT IS A SALVE CANNABIS?
Let us first clear up any confusion surrounding the terms being used: “salve”, “balm”, “cream”, and “ointment” are all essentially the same. According to official definitions, they are each a “semisolid preparation for external application to the skin or mucous membranes”, which “consists of substances incorporated in suitable vehicles”. Or in lay terms, salves and ointments are infused topicals that are administered directly to the skin. In this case, the substance in question is predominantly the active ingredient cannabidiol (CBD). Salve cannabis online
What’s interesting to know is that topical cannabis salves are really not something new. The ancient Egyptians used such infused topicals. As happens all too often, the ancient wisdom surrounding cannabis ointments was nearly forgotten, and is only now being rediscovered. Salve cannabis online
HOW DO SALVE CANNABIS WORK?
Essentially, CBD is suspended by lipids in the oil base of whatever salve you’re using; as you apply it to your skin, the cannabinoids encased in these lipids are transported across cell membranes where they can directly affect cells and tissue layers.Salve cannabis online
HOW TO USE CANNABIS SALVES
Before you apply a cannabis salve, it is recommended that you first wash the specific area of skin with some soap and water. If there is no oil or dirt between the salve and your skin, it can better absorb the substances in the salve so they can more efficiently reach their target. Salve cannabis online
A good way to go about applying a cannabis salve is to gently massage it into the affected region. Allow the salve to absorb into your skin for a few minutes. Then, cover the treated area with bandages so the salve doesn’t rub off. If this is your first time applying a cannabis-infused topical, make sure to watch for any irritation, redness, or rash. Salve cannabis online
Be patient once you have applied your cannabis salve. Depending on the condition you want to treat, it can take anywhere from 1 to 48 hours until you may observe the desired effect. If you need, you can reapply your salve after a day or two.
HOW MUCH CANNABIS SALVE TO USE?
Most people can apply cannabis salve generously, but make sure that you read the instructions about recommended dosages that come with your particular product. Small children and older people tend to have thinner skin, so they may need less to experience a beneficial effect. Salve cannabis online
THE BENEFITS OF CANNABIS SALVES
Since you apply topical cannabis salves directly to affected areas on the skin, they are particularly well-suited for all those conditions that require quick and direct relief. Salve cannabis online
One unique benefit of cannabis topicals is that they won’t get you high. The ingredients contained in the salve work efficiently on a cellular level, but do not penetrate the bloodstream. This equates to absolutely no psychoactive effects. Moreover, most topical products don’t even contain THC—just CBD.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CBD SALVES AND CBD OILS
Most CBD oils are intended for oral or sublingual consumption. They usually come with a dropper for administering under the tongue (sublingual) or on top of food (oral). When you take CBD orally, it will also take longer for the compound to take effect. Sublingual dosing happens more quickly as the oil is super-efficiently absorbed by mucous membranes under the tongue, but the relief is shorter-lived. A CBD salve can normally provide relief more effectively. Salve cannabis online
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN CANNABIS SALVE
You can easily make your own cannabis salve in the comfort of your own home! The process is quite similar to that of making cannabutter/oil. Here’s how to do it:
- 10g of dried, ground cannabis (preferably CBD-rich)
- 1½ cups coconut oil
- ⅓ cup beeswax
- Essential oil for flavouring (optional)
Decarbing your cannabis:
- Preheat your oven to 116°C.
- Spread your ground cannabis evenly on a baking sheet.
- When the oven is preheated, “bake” your cannabis for about 30 minutes, giving it a little stir at the halfway point.
- The above process is called decarboxylation. The oven heat will activate crucial cannabinoids.
- As your cannabis is “baking” in the oven, put the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat and stir continuously.
- Take out your decarboxylated cannabis from the oven and mix it into the oil in the saucepan. Keep the heat in the pan at a very low setting and stir the cannabis oil mix for about 20 minutes. If the heat is too high, it can decrease the potency of your cannabis salve.
- Remove the cannabis oil from your stovetop and filter the mixture through a fine sieve or cheesecloth into a jar.
- Place the beeswax into the same pan and melt it on low heat. Slowly add your cannabis oil to the molten beeswax. Stir well.
- If you want to give an extra aromatic note to your cannabis salve, you can now add a few drops of essential oil. Mint or tea tree oil add a nice refreshing touch.
- Give everything one last good stir, then remove the beeswax and cannabis oil mixture from the heat.
- Transfer your cannabis salve into suitable containers and store in a cool, dark place.
This incredible salve has so many wonderful applications we have not even discovered all of them yet. Some of these include relief of headaches, cramps, joint pain, muscle aches, and itchy rashes. Cannabis used topically also speeds healing time for injuries and surgeries, while acting as a pain killer and anti inflammatory. You will find you do not have to use as many of the harsh pharmaceutical pain killers during the rehabilitation of your injury. It is very effective for relieving pain associated with arthritis as well. We have also had incredible feedback from women who have had breast cancer surgeries, who have reported that it has helped heal the scarring, nerve damage, and even radiation burns that would not heal on their own. People who deal with the embarrassing frustration of psoriasis and eczema have reported that it is one of the few natural remedies that is effective in decreasing the red patches of flakey skin. It also promotes circulation and smoothes wrinkles for healthier and younger looking skin. Salve cannabis online